Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hometown


There is truly no place like home. I wish I had the time to take the 3 hour drive to Manassas, VA more often, if not to spend quality time with the rest of my immediate family then at least to scout the various thrift and vintage shops sprinkled all over northern Virginia.  Manassas is quaintly located at the cusp of our capitol's suburbs and virgina country and I'm filled with a feeling of familiarity and nostalgia every time I go back. 
I was perusing old photos at my mom's house, something I've always loved to do! To the left is a picture of my late grandmother and to the right are my two younger brothers who are super grown now. I've been thinking about keeping some photo albums around like the "good ol' days". It's such a drag to log into Facebook to relive memories.  Do people even print pictures anymore?
I always rack up at this antique mall called Home Store down the street from my Dad's. The decor is super inspiring and they have a great collection of vintage jewelry at very reasonable prices. 
Lunch. If you haven't tried the Thai Curry Soup at Noodles & Company you are truly missing out in life. L I F E I tell you!!! The ingredients to this amazing dish are yellow coconut curry broth, spinach, cabbage, mushrooms, tomato, red onions, rice noodles and sautéed tofu. I feel like there was a touch of sirracha in there because it had a nice kick. I will definitely try my hand at recreating this dish soon. 
Picked up some birthday goodies for a friend, vintage jewels are the perfect gift! 

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Bisoux, Vanessa

***
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" -Jesus, Matthew 28-30

4 comments:

  1. hi dear! i just found your blog and i love it! you are so beautiful :) Would you be interested in following each other via GFC and bloglovin? I always return the follow..leave me a comment and let me know :)
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much that's so sweet! Just checked out your blog I'm loving the stripped tee + boyfriend jeans look, great style! Following you on GFC and bloglovin now and thank you for your kind words =D

      Delete
  2. I am now following you via gfc and bloglovin as well
    keep in touch
    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I cant find your bloglovin button..let me know if you have one and I will follow there as well

    ReplyDelete