Sunday, April 14, 2013

Creative Mapping at the AIGA


Meta Mapa: Bronx-takeaway map, 2008 by Yumi Roth

When I'm in a creative funk one of my favorite things to do is to drag my boyfriend to an art museum. Museum hopping in Philadelphia can get kind of expensive though (I grew up in the DC area and I'm still not used to having to pay to go to one!), but a google search a couple weeks ago led me to a free art exhibit entitled MAPnificent: Artists Use Maps at AIGA Philadelphia. Each artist was challenged to incorporate maps into their art as a representation of how they feel about the current state of the world. I definitely left inspired and have been meaning to create something of my own...we'll see how that goes. 

I'm not sure if I was technically supposed to, but I snapped a picture of my some of my favorites. 

I Love NY, 2012. Ink on Map, by Viviane Rombaldi Seppey

I know a couple New Yorkers that would kill for Viviane Seppey's I Love NY print above!!!


Unfortunately the exhibit has ended but AIGA is currently hosting a T-shirt Design Show which I'm definely interested in checking out! Go to their website for more.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! Spring is inching its way towards us, woop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment