Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Marants


So I'm drooling over a Sincerly Jules outfit post which gets heightened when I see she's wearing a pair of shoes that have literally transported themselves from the recesses of my tennis shoe dreaming mind and onto her feet. On a daily basis I'm definitely a t-shirt, jeans and flats kind of girl, although I do like spicing that up with cool accessories that mark my personal style, and these shoes have my name alll over them! Classic shape, nude, nice play with fabric (leather + suede) and right on trend. As I eagerly scroll to the end of the post to get the deets, my heart sink when I see beauties are designed by blogger favorite Isabel Marant, which only means one thing: it's gonna have an incredibly overinflated price tag. Isabel Marant did not disappoint. These shoes cost $655!!! Like what? Are they hand-made or something??? Now I'm not one to turn to knockoffs, I love supporting the original designer, but not when said designer is shamelessly over-charging for factory-made, mass produced merchandise. I can wait for Aldo and Steve Madden to reproduce the look-a-likes for all that. 

What do you guys think about overpriced footwear? Are these worth the cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment